Thursday, March 12, 2015

10 Amazing Benefits of Amla





Last week, I ran out of Amla. I went to my regular health food store to get more, and they were out of it. In fact, they were reducing the size of their inventory, and Amla was one of the things they had discontinued selling. Even though I knew I could get it somewhere else, strangely, I felt a little sad. On the bright side of things, it made me appreciate how wonderful the plant is, and inspired me to write about it today.

I’ve been taking Amla off and on for about 12 years. It was recommended to me by my natural health practitioner, and it happens to be one of my favorite herbs. It’s very nourishing and rejuvenative; and I enjoy the effects it has on my body.
First, I’d like to say that before trying any new or unfamiliar supplement, you should check with a trusted health practitioner to make sure it’s right for you. I’d also like to let you know that I only recommend products that I feel are safe and I have experience taking. If I’m not sure of a product, or am unfamiliar with it, I don’t write about it or recommend it.
If you were to step into my kitchen or go through my cabinets, you would find a lot of the things I’ve recommended in articles. You’ll probably find a jar of coconut oil on my kitchen counter next to a little bottle of Vitamin D, and a box of tulsi tea. I sometimes have a bottle of Nucleotides on hand for cold and flu season (but unfortunately, I ran out recently). And I also have a bottle of Amla.
With that said, here are 10 reasons why Amla is so amazing:

1.) It’s an excellent source of Vitamin C:
Amla is a highly potent form of Vitamin C, and contains much more Vitamin C than is found in oranges.

2.) It enhances immunity.


3.) It’s high in antioxidants.

Antioxidants prevent the body against free radicals. Free radicals are harmful and can damage cells, potentially leading to cancer and other possible diseases.
4.) It reduces inflammation.



5.) It is good for digestion, and helps the body to absorb and assimilate nutrients from the foods we eat.

Amla also reduces acidity. It’s a lot more slow and gentle than other herbs that aid digestion. For example, ginger is an herb/root used for digestion. It is a lot stronger and warmer than Amla. But don’t get me wrong, ginger is great for anyone who can handle it. Personally, as an individual who’s a bit more sensitive than most people, I tend to not have it very often. I prefer the gentleness and cooler quality of Amla.


6.) It strengthens the liver and helps us to flush out toxins.


7.) It’s great for the urinary system.

It helps flush out toxins through the urinary system without over-stimulating it.

8.) Great for the skin.

Whenever you see someone with a lot of skin blemishes or acne, often times it’s due to them having a liver overrun by toxins.        Since Amla helps to detoxify the liver and aids digestion (as well as being a good source of Vitamin C and other minerals), one of the results of taking it regularly is that it’s good for one’s complexion.
9.) Gives us healthier, more lustrous hair.

Since Amla is great for digestion, it makes it easier for our bodies to absorb the calcium in the foods we eat, therefore resulting in healthier hair (not to mention healthier bones, teeth, and nails). It helps us to preserve our natural, youthful hair color, and minimizes hair loss.

10.) Relieves menstrual cramping.

If you plan to take Amla specifically to get rid of menstrual cramps, you’ll need to start taking it at least a few weeks before menstruation in order for it to be in your system long enough to have an effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment